Export single or all projects from Jira Cloud?

Jordan Meeks December 5, 2018

Hey everyone,

I'm new at my company and still getting used to Jira but I was wondering if someone might have an answer for this. Is there a way to export individual projects or all projects from Jira Cloud? More like a general export, not a backup file used for restoration. We're starting to clear out some old projects and that kind of functionality would be really helpful.

Thanks!

2 answers

3 votes
Nhat Tu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2018

Hi @Jordan Meeks,

Option one. It's the easy way to export your data but if you have many issues when export to waste to much time and size file verry large so i recommen you use option two (file just only data)

1. Go to the Jira Admin
  2. On the left side, click on Issues and filters
  3. On the top left of your screen, click on "Search issues"
  4. Chose your project, type,status 
  5. On the top right of your screen, click on the "Export" drop down.
  6. You can export via XML,CSV,RSS,WORK,...

Optione two (file zip backup have config system,data,info jira,project..)

Jira Admin ->Jira settings->System->Backup Manager. In there you have two options: Create    backup for cloud  and Create backup for server

I hope you find this helpful!

RJ October 15, 2021

Hi,

Option two works the issue is that you have to overwrite all the projects in your target instance.

Is there a way I can just migrate one project from a cloud instance to another cloud Jira Software instance without overwriting all the data in the target system?

Thank you.

Like # people like this
John Van Buskirk April 3, 2023

Would like to export just one project not the whole instance.

Like # people like this
Neil May 3, 2023

+1 - even for testing purposes would be good

0 votes
Adeel Shoukat June 6, 2023

Option -1 

If you're the Site-Admin of both instance then you can migrate the 1 project from one instance to Other instance with all history and attachments.

JIRA Setting > Migrate Cloud Site > build the connect between there > select the Project which you want to migrate.

Option - 2

Export the data in CSV from one instance and upload in other instance in this way history and attachment will not migrate to other instance

Option - 3 

Take the backup of one instance and move to other one in this way you'r other instance will effect the existing projects.

Suggest an answer