Export issues with comments to Excel

JTome May 16, 2024

Last year the Export Excel CSV (all fields) allowed me to pull comments for issues.  I can prove it because I saved an old export.  Granted it was ugly because a if there were 100 comments on any one issue it added 100 comment columns to the export.  Still it was better than what I have right now, which is nothing.

Yes, I know that you can export to Word and see comments, but my boss doesn't want a 100-page report.  Yes, I know you can export to RSS with Comments, but that's a mess and not presentable to the boss.  The boss wants a simple spreadsheet with about 10 columns of data and then to see the comments (typically less than 5 comments per issue) with each issue.

Yes, I know there are marketplace apps out there that will do this quite nicely and we've looked at them.  Unfortunately, we only need to make this report a few times each year and it doesn't warrant spending $3000 each year on an app.

So, are there any other ways that I haven't stumbled across to get issue data with comments to Excel for free or less than $500/year?

1 answer

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2024

If you can invest time into that, then develop a script that gets the issue and its comments from the corresponding REST API endpoints, and compiles a spreadsheet from those.

It costs time (it isn't extremely complicated though), but no money.

JTome May 17, 2024

I'm not a developer.  My time is money from both my perspective and my employer.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events