Export and Import between JIRA on premise and JIRA On Demand

Pallavi Tathavadekar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 26, 2014

Hello,

We have a clean JIRA on premise version with one project which has our base configuration. We want to import this into a new JIRA On Demand account. We spoke to Atlassian Technical manager Tim Wong on Friday and he said we can do it using WebDav and upload our xml files in there and then use JIRA import feature in On Demand.

Question:

The latest JIRA on premise version is 6.3 and JIRA on Demand version is 6.4. Would there be any issues if the versions don't match? Can you send is any other information we would need to successfully import our configuration in JIRA on demand. Can On demand support help us with this import if we share our configuration file (xml) from on premise version.

1 answer

0 votes
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2014

Hi Pallavi, 

In order for your restore to work, both JIRA Standalone/Server and JIRA OnDemand/Cloud need to be on the latest version. So, I don't think you will face any problem while performing the import. Just one thing to be aware, only us, support engineers, will be able to import your attachments and avatars. For that, after you've performed the JIRA Import, you will need to raise a ticket on Atlassian SAC (support.atlassian.com) under Atlassian OnDemand and ask us to upload those files (you will need to provide us your xml file).

Please let us know if you have any other doubts. smile

Cheers!

William Rojas (Black Diamond) May 5, 2015

Hello, Does this mean that if the JIRA Server instance is at 5.2.x level, then to migrate to JIRA Cloud an upgrade on the Server to 6.4.x level is required beforehand? I always understood that an upgrade in this case is not necessary since the build number on the Cloud is higher than the Server one. So the system can handle the upgrade of the data during the import. Or am I misreading the answer above? Thanks,

Suggest an answer