Explore creating report for bug count by Jira project ID and by issuuetype with name as "Bug"

Lakshmij September 6, 2022

HI Team, I need help with finding bugs by project id and by using issuetype which is having name as "Bug". 

My response looks like this :

"expand": "operations,versionedRepresentations,editmeta,changelog,renderedFields",
"id": "*****",
"self": "*****",
"key": "****",
"fields": {
"issuetype": {
"self": "url",
"id": "*****",
"description": "Created by Jira Software - do not edit or delete. Issue type for a user story.",
"iconUrl": "https://jira.ascension.org/secure/viewavatar?size=xsmall&avatarId=****&avatarType=issuetype",
"name": "Bug",
"subtask": false,
"avatarId": 10315
}}, how to get response only for Bug as name in issuetype.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2022

Hello @Lakshmij 

You showed us the response but what you need help with is the code you wrote. Please show us the code you wrote.

Lakshmij September 7, 2022

https://jira.ascension.org/rest/api/2/search?jql=project=projectId & issuetype.name=Bug

I'm trying with above url to search by project id and issuetype with name as "Bug", but name is lying inside issuetype which inturn reside in fields.

Need to find a way to search by using project id and issuetype with name as "Bug" in url query params or if any other way, please suggest . 

Lakshmij September 7, 2022

What I need exactly for the response having those records with issuetype with name as "Bug" only., not all records.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2022

Are you trying to execute this API call within a program? Can you show us the full line of code? 

Is "projectId" a variable that you are trying to use?

You should be able to use the same parameter string that you would see in the browser URL field if you did a search through the UI.

Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 11.23.20 AM.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events