Explicit DoD/lane policies on Kanban boards

I would like to request a new Feature on the Kanban boards - to be able to add Definition of Done / policies for each column on the Kanban board - as per the Kanban core practice.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

You can officially submit one in the JIRA public issue tracker via support.atlassian.com.

Curious though, what do you want to accomplish with this DoD Policies for each column? You know that these columns are configured to show certain issue statuses you set them to be and each status can have "Conditions" before it is moved to that status.

I'm curious as to what this would look like - as Gabrielle says, you're already controlling "done" by configuring the board, so all I can imagine is a textual description of the rules, which would just take up space

Thanks Gabrielle. 

This is one of the 6 core practices of Kanban - making process policies explicit - and having exit policies / DoD per column is a key part of that, that many of the other Kanban vendors already have setup - eg. https://www.rallydev.com/blog/sites/rallydev.com.blog/files/productblog/2012/07/Kanban_Policies.jpeg

This allows the team to set policies and make it explicit / visual. The conditions are not JIRA conditions, but team DoD agreements, which evolve on a daily basis with some Kanban teams.

So Nic is right, a textual description of the rules that is displayed in the column headers. Try submitting this to Atlassian and see what they think about it smile 

Similarly, the sprint boards should have a place at the top for the sprint goal.

Hi, Any update to this request David. If there is a request that you have logged for it, could you please send me the link to it.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

286 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you