Experimental rest api method update user

aas December 18, 2019

I use direct link with token and HttpSession to update user information:

my $UpdateLink="$URL/secure/admin/user/EditUser.jspa?atl_token=$HTTPToken&fullName=$UserFullName&email=$UserEmail&username=$UserName&editName=$UserName&active=$UserActiveStatus";
my $UpdateUserQuery = $HTTPSession->post($UpdateLink);

And have a problem - users don't become active. 

I want to use PUT ${jiraAdress}/rest/api/2/user method in my script, but it's marked as experimental. Is it dangerous to use it, because it can be changed any time and script will stop working?

The same Rest Api method in Crowd is not experimental and works properly. 

1 answer

0 votes
brbojorque
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2019

Hi @aas ,

You need to add a header X=ExperimentalAPI: true in order for the request to be successful.

-

https://docs.atlassian.com/jira-servicedesk/REST/3.6.2/

Experimental methods

Methods marked as EXPERIMENTAL may change without notice. We are looking for your feedback for these methods. To use experimental methods, you must set this header in your requests: X-ExperimentalApi : true. This indicates that you are opting into the experimental preview. Once a resource or method moves out of the experimental phase, then this header will no longer be required nor checked.

Suggest an answer