• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Experimental rest api method update user Edited

I use direct link with token and HttpSession to update user information:

my $UpdateLink="$URL/secure/admin/user/EditUser.jspa?atl_token=$HTTPToken&fullName=$UserFullName&email=$UserEmail&username=$UserName&editName=$UserName&active=$UserActiveStatus";
my $UpdateUserQuery = $HTTPSession->post($UpdateLink);

And have a problem - users don't become active. 

I want to use PUT ${jiraAdress}/rest/api/2/user method in my script, but it's marked as experimental. Is it dangerous to use it, because it can be changed any time and script will stop working?

The same Rest Api method in Crowd is not experimental and works properly. 

1 answer

0 votes
brbojorque Community Leader Dec 18, 2019

Hi @aas ,

You need to add a header X=ExperimentalAPI: true in order for the request to be successful.

-

https://docs.atlassian.com/jira-servicedesk/REST/3.6.2/

Experimental methods

Methods marked as EXPERIMENTAL may change without notice. We are looking for your feedback for these methods. To use experimental methods, you must set this header in your requests: X-ExperimentalApi : true. This indicates that you are opting into the experimental preview. Once a resource or method moves out of the experimental phase, then this header will no longer be required nor checked.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you