Exclusions for an automated rule

Shari Fitz-Patrick March 23, 2023

Hi  I have created a global rule for all our projects.  However I now have two kanban boards that should not be part of that rule.  I created a label to distinguish these two projects. What I would like to do is add an exclusion on the global rule to say that when a ticket is moved to the status Ready for Deployment, if it has this label QAtoTest that it ignores these tickets.  

Does anyone have any idea how I could do this please.  Thannks

1 answer

1 vote
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2023

Hi @Shari Fitz-Patrick 

You can start the execution with a condition to check for this label and proceed with the actual steps? If all the issues in these projects has to be ignored, you can validate the project as condition and then proceed with the steps.

Shari Fitz-Patrick March 23, 2023

Thank you for that information. I have one more question.  Can you actually exclude a project from a global rule.  I know you can add separate projects however, all our projects would use the same rule except 2 of them.  

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2023

Ah no. In the automation scope of projects, there is no option to configure 'exclude' these projects only.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events