Excluding Tickets that have sub-tasks Tickets in JIRA Filter

Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2014

I have a user who wants a filter that would exclude tickets that have sub-tasks within them. Does anyone know of the JQL that would help produce that. I have the rest of the filter ready I just cant get it to exclude tickets that have sub-tasks in them.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2014

You can use Script Runner plugin and use the provided JQL

issueFunction not in hasSubtasks()

Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2014

Worked perfect Henning. Thanks I figured Script Runner had something for this but I couldn't remember the correct syntax.

1 vote
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2014

did you tried like this?

issuetype not in subTaskIssueTypes()

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2014

This would only exclude the subtasks itself.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2014

Thanks Henning!! i missed that point!!

Gero_C__Sifferath October 31, 2016

Wasn't exactly what the TO was looking for - but pertect for me smile

Suggest an answer