Exception: Uncaugth TypeError

Josip Juric July 31, 2017

Hi,

In jira I want to add a swinlane but when I'm trying to configure the board I'm getting a exception in the browser indicating it's a property is missing. I asked my colleagues to check my privileges and I'm administrator in jira. Any suggestions on how to fix this? See printscreen.

Kind regards,

Josiperror.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 1, 2017

Hi Josip,

In regards to the error you're seeing, this kind of JavaScript error is known to be caused by any of the following:

• User-installed plugins
  • Script in the instance (announcement banner or issue fields)
  • Environmental configuration (Proxy/SSL)

At this point I would try the following in this order:

1. Put JIRA Into Safe Mode and test.  JIRA Safe mode will temporarily disable all user-installed plugins. Hence, you might want to schedule it during a maintenance window. This test will help us rule out if any of installed plugin causes this problem.
  2. If you have an announcement banner ,remove the announcement banner and test.
  3. Run the following SQL queries in your database and this will tell you if one of the custom fields or another field has the data causing this issue:
    • select * from fieldconfigscheme where description like '%<script%' OR description like '%<SCRIPT%';
    • select * from customfield where description like '%<script%' OR description like '%<SCRIPT%';    
    • select * from customfield where description like '039avascript%' OR description like '%html%' OR description like '%css%';
    • select * from fieldconfiguration where description like '039avascript%' OR description like '%html%' OR description like '%css%';

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer