Exception: QuotaExceededError

Niclas Hugosson July 2, 2018

We've just upgraded our Jira Server from 7.2.3 to 7.10.2.

At first we got a bunch of "an error occurred" and we realized that it was releated to an addon called "hierarchy links" or something like that.

We disabled the addon and everything was good. Until now.

We've now got 2 users who are using Microsoft Edge and are getting this error every time the look at a kanban-board.

Funny thing is, I don't get the error when I use Edge on my virtual machine at all.

The error says:

"Exception: QuotaExceededError"

I've googled alot but can't find anything except something about Chrome which is irrelevant to us in this case since it's Edge they're using.

Any advice is appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2018

Hey Niclas,

Since this is isolated to only a few users but not reproducible by you on the same browse, its sounding like a possible caching issue.

I found the following Microsoft Support Article where users were experiencing similar behavior and noted that F12 to clear cache was not working and they had to take a couple extra steps:

I had same issue too but fixed by clearing “Cookies and saved website data” from settings (not F12).
Seems like limit of local storage was browser-wide until clearing. If I had QuotaExceededError on one website then I was not able to add anything to local storage of any other website. After clearing “website data” I can’t reproduce it anymore. Now each website has its own limitation (about 5MB per website).
I suppose it was a bug after some update or Edge has limitation of all local storages. For example browser-wide limitation is 100MB so only 20 websites can store 5MB of data but 21th website will get QuotaExceededError on try to save anything.

Can you check this out and let us know if this fixes the issue for you?

-Earl

Niclas Hugosson July 4, 2018

Hello Earl!

Thanks for the reply.

It actually seems to be working when they did a complete clear of the cache and cookies.

(They did a lighter version of the clear before but that didn't help, hence the original question).

Thanks for the help!

Suggest an answer