A few months ago, our company began using AgileCraft and Jira.
A couple of weeks ago, when I first started using Power BI to connect with Jira, the following Power Query URL would successfully import Jira CSV data into the Power BI dataset:
A few days ago, for reasons unknown, the Power BI Power Query stopped working, i.e. rather than importing Jira CSV data it began importing an (unprocessable) HTML "file".
I have spent several hours attempting to solve this issue (using many different tips from this community site) to no avail. While troubleshooting this issue using Power BI, I wondered whether or not the latest Power BI version (June 2019) caused the URL to "break".
For that reason, I used Excel 2016's Power Query, using the same CSV URL, and the results are the same: imports an HTML "file".
When I use the CSV URL with my browser (Chrome or Edge), the CSV file opens/downloads successfully.
Interested to learn if others have recently experienced this issue and, if so, how it was fixed.
Actually, I found a solution, one that worked for me at least. I found it in this thread: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Fetch-data-from-JIRA-to-excel/qaq-p/198786. Search for this pattern "Astidis. had the same problem." (proposal from Jocelyn Menard, Sep 25 2019). I adjusted the credentials in the data source and it worked fine afterwards.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events