Everything in one Board

Clive Scerri January 28, 2013

Dear Support,

We are currently evaluating Jira+Greenhopper

I have viewed the Greenhopper 6 launch webinar and it is mentioned that you can have one 'Summary' board that includes multiple projects.

1. My first problem is that this does not work with the Greenhopper simplified workflow. If you create project boards using the simplified workflow and then create a 'Summary' board, it will not show the issues of the linked projects.It is actually something that was asked in the Webinar. Will there be a quick fix to this soon?

2. As a temporary solution, we are setting up project boards using JIRA standard workflow and then creating an additional board, and linking the project boards. The user stories of each project appear in the board. It works fine until you follow this process. If however, I wish to add an additional project to the 'Summary' board, any additional stories shown in the new project are now not included in the Summary board. I tried updating the filter on the Summary board to include the new project board, but the user stories of the new project simply do not show up.

I found this thread, which unfortunately is of no help.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GHKB/Your+issue+XXX+has+been+created+but+is+not+currently+visible+on+the+Rapid+Board

The reason we like Jira is that it allows us to have one team to work on multiple projects. If we create a 'Summary' board every sprint, we lose the essential statistics that go with always using the same scrum board.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ivan Maduro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2013

Hi,

I've assisted you on Support.atlassian.com, but I will leave the answer here as well, so that other users may be able to find it.

When adjusting the Boards filter, it must be used first, so that JIRA can check if it's a valid filter. Once the search has been done and you are happy with the results, click on Save at the top. The updated filter will be saved and Greenhopper will then load up the new issues returned by the adjusted filter.

Cheers,

Ivan.

Suggest an answer