I seem to have the same issue as this person: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/47338 (I'm using the advanced search however, and I'm planning the URL encode the JQL to use the REST API)
I am trying to find specific issues which the summary begins with "[QC TASK]".
I tried the following, which works, but also finds other issues I don't want, like one having the summary "have the QC tasks displayed"
summary~"QC TASK" and status="in progress"
This returns the exact same thing:
summary~"\\[QC TASK\\]" and status="in progress"
And if I don't escape the '[', it results a lot of things that I don't want.
How do I make this work properly? Another solution would be to use an operator "starts with" instead of "contains", does that exist? Or maybe even make the search case sensitive.
You can't do this in JQL.
ScriptRunner has issueFieldMatch, which you can use like this:
issueFunction in issueFieldMatch("", summary, "\\[QC TASK\\].*")
The first parameter is a JQL function to narrow down the issues where the regex will be run on the summary field.
JQL does not have something like that "startsWith". It's documented in their site on what and what you cannot use:
There are reserved characters as well
Issue has been going on since 2011, this issue is "resolved" but Atlassian has a "\\[funny\\]" definition of resolved: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-25092
and it's because JQL implements Apache's Lucene search which strips all non-word characters.
you can use plugins to solve it looks like:
or paid: "script runner" plugin.
Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG