Errors in CSV import

Mridulap December 6, 2011

I'm trying to import Projects using CSV import, The process fails giving the following error

The first header row of the CSV import file contains following errors for the field name 'PK!q9+p��[Content_Types].xml ��(�̔MN�0��H�!�%n��j�?K��ؓƪc[���g��' on position 1: 'brackets mismatch', 'plus sign'

I've removed all the content in the file and tried uploading a basic csv with simple test data

<colgroup><col style="width: 49pt;" span="2" width="65"/> </colgroup>
Summary
test

Not sure what the reason is. Any help is really appreciated.

thank you

Miranda

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2011

I really don't think your file is CSV, there's a lot of control characters there.

Try opening it in a plain text editor (vi, gedit, nano, emacs, etc, or notepad if you're stuck with a Windows operating system) and checking what they show the first line as. Even Excel gets "save as .csv" right most of the time, but I do know of people trying to save as csv and not quite getting it right because all they change is the filename, and not the actual format.

Wojciech Seliga
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2011

Indeed, it looks like a zipped spreadsheet XML. Only plain CSV files are supported by JIRA Importers Plugin.

Mridulap December 6, 2011

Thank you for the responses. It worked fine after the saved the file as a CSV.

Like ajdas likes this
AKASH BHARDWAJ September 2, 2015

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] : Nic, you are just great!! I ran into this issue and found your post. In a minute i am On track now. Thanks, Akash

Athira Sunny December 6, 2020

Wow, Thanks, that helped!

shikha Goswami June 3, 2021

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- hy i am getting error as he first header row of the CSV import file contains following errors for the field name 'PK !q 9+p � � [Content_Types].xml �� (� ̔MN�0 ��H�!� %n�� j� ?K� �ؓƪc[ ���g��': 'brackets mismatch' 

while uploading csv file even though i saved it as .csv ..can u plz help me out 

shikha Goswami June 3, 2021

@Mridulap  hy how did u resolved this error he first header row of the CSV import file contains following errors for the field name 'PK !q 9+p � � [Content_Types].xml �� (� ̔MN�0 ��H�!� %n�� j� ?K� �ؓƪc[ ���g��': 'brackets mismatch'

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2021

You use files containing plain CSV, not binary.  Renaming a file does not convert its content to a different format.

You need to convert the content to valid CSV.  There's no way to know what that binary might be, but it's not CSV.

0 votes
arlei July 15, 2020

I'm with the same error. If you get the answer please, can you tell me?

I tryed to import the file with the same structure, but I got the follow error:

Importing: Issues
2020-07-15 13:36:30,003 INFO - ------------------------------
2020-07-15 13:36:30,003 INFO - Only new items will be imported
2020-07-15 13:36:30,017 INFO - Importing issue: [externalId='autoid--4296138607272068671', summary='Test issue']
2020-07-15 13:36:30,158 INFO - Created IssueType : 1 with id 10077
2020-07-15 13:36:30,214 INFO - ------------------------------
2020-07-15 13:36:30,214 INFO - Finished Importing : Issues
2020-07-15 13:36:30,214 INFO - ------------------------------
2020-07-15 13:36:30,215 ERROR - Unexpected failure occurred. Importer will stop immediately. Data may be in an unstable state: 

I tryed to find inside the Jira protect, the informations that I imported I cant find it.

Srikanth Ganipisetty June 17, 2021

@arlei Can you post the answer if you find what is causing this issue? 

Thanks,

Srikanth Ganipisetty

0 votes
Divya Yathagiri Venkata October 24, 2017

Configuration format has changed in version 2.6.0. If you're using an older format you need to restart the wizard from scratch. I get this error while doing csv import. Please help

Suggest an answer