Error with Log Work in JIRA, what could cause this?

Martin Hansen August 25, 2017

Error message using Log Work in JIRA.

Error is reported from clients using both Mac and Windows.logwork.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2017

That looks like a password field from an add-on.  The one I'm thinking of blocks transitions (and may do work logs too) unless a password is filled correctly in the field on the issue.  But I don't think it's available for recent versions of JIRA.

Could you check what type of field customfield_10600 is?  Go to https://<yourjira>/secure/admin/ConfigureCustomField!default.jspa?customFieldId=10600 and that will give you the name of the field.  Then go to the list of custom fields, find the field and look at the "type" column

Martin Hansen August 25, 2017

Thanks for your quick response!

It's 'Logged User Validator Field'.

Martin Hansen September 4, 2017

Did the column type tell you anything about what could cause this?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2017

Sorry, I missed your first response.

It's not the add-on I was thinking of.  It looks like the electronic signature add-on which requires you to enter an extra password when "signing" an issue. 

I don't know why it might be used during logging work though, might be worth raising it with support for that add-on.

Suggest an answer