Error while moving the issue

Alexey Borisov January 23, 2014

I'm trying to move issue from one project to another.

On the first screen I have an error "Выбранный тип запроса недействителен."

What am I doing wrong?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2014

Mmm, I don't speak Russian, and I'm never sure Google Translate will give us a full meaning that explains what Jira is trying to tell you - "Selected type of request is invalid" is a bit vague.

Does it mean your issue type does not exist in the target project? Could you compare the two projects to see how they are configured differently? (Also, explain "first screen" - I'm not sure what you're looking at)

First screen - this is where I have to choose new project and new issue type in this project.

There is no such issue type in new project so I choose one of issue type from destination project.

I cannot select issue type that is not in target project. There is no such choice

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2014

Ok, I'm not sure there's any error here. You can't move to an issue type that does not exist in the target project, so it's telling you that you need to select one.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2014

That's correct then. I'm struggling to see the problem here, sorry.

1 vote
Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2014

@Nic, I guess what Alexey needs information on is how to add the issue type to the target project :) (based on my understadning). In other words, this: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Associating+Issue+Types+with+Projects

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2014

Ah, that would make sense. I'm going to blame lack of coffee and a hard week at work for not being awake enough to think of that.

I don't want to add another issue type to the target project. I want to take issue from one project, change issue type and move to another project.

Sorry for my English, it is not native for me

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2014

Ah, good point.

If there is nothing shown in the drop-down for issue type, then the project only uses either

1) Only the same issue type you already have

2) No sub-task types (and your issue is a sub-task type).

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2014

On the first screen you specify the project to move to, right? In the first line (in my versjon 5.2).

If you chose another project than first shown there, it will show you the different issues types for the project you chose.

What does the "Issue type" drop down list for the selected "to project" show? Nothing?

I choose new project for the issue. There is no such issue type in it, so I have to choose new issue type. I can't choose issue types that is not from target project, JIRA is smart. After that I click on Next and see error right above new issue type

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2014

Ahh, I see. Thank you for explaining further, I know it's annoying to have to keep trying to explain to people who are not understanding a problem. I apologise for not understanding.

I'm a little stuck on this because I cannot tie that Russian error message to anything specific in Jira. Is that the whole error message you see on-screen or is there more of it?

Is it possible to check your application log file for more details of the error?

This is whole message

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2014

Ok, I still don't know what the problem is, I'm a bit stuck and probably do need to look at the logs

However, one long-shot idea. Could you go to the "issue type schemes" and look for your target issue type. Can you check that it is in the *default* issue type scheme AND the issue type scheme you have in the target project?

I don't know what happen.

There was no such issue type as 'Новая разработка' in default issue type scheme. It is strange. So I change issue type in target project to 'разработка'. There is such type in default issue type scheme. Now it working correct.

Thanks for your patience

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2014
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2014

Ah, I think you've run into a bug in Jira. The default issue type scheme is supposed to have all the issue types in it, but sometimes, something goes wrong and they go missing. The issue type is still there, but because it's not in the default scheme, some stuff goes wrong (such as issue move!)

I seem to remember you can fix it fully with a bit of SQL, but it's not in my bookmarks

Suggest an answer