Error while importing test case into JIRA - Second line (after header row) in CSV file is blank

Ragurathan Sivasubramanian May 24, 2018

HI,

I have my manual test cases in excel.I have converted it to CSV file.When i tried to import it says an error message 

"Second line (after header row) in CSV file is blank"

Am struck at this level and unable to proceed further

4 answers

1 vote
Kool Test March 27, 2019

Simply just change the colon (;) to a comma (,) in the CSV Delimiter field. That should solve the problem (Don't forget to save the .csv with the acceptable column name and data.)Screen Shot 2019-03-27 at 12.58.19 PM.png

Sofia David March 3, 2022

This answer is very useful.

Like # people like this
gentlalaar June 2, 2022

THANKS MAN, I WAS LIKE A BOSS WHEN THE TESTS WERE IMPORTED SUCSESFULLY 

Like vasanth likes this
0 votes
MubarakBitbuket December 19, 2019

I have selected commma i.e. CSV Delimiter as ,

but still i am seeing the "Second line (after header row) in CSV file is blank" error. My second line is actually not blank

Vatlav Mihailevski January 20, 2020

The same problem 

Gagandeep.Garha May 25, 2020

i am facing the same issue. Did you manage to fix the issue?

if yes, could you please help?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2020

That usually means the second line is empty. Either it genuinely is, or you have ended the first line with something it cannot handle.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2018

That usually means the second line is empty.  Either it genuinely is, or you have ended the first line with something it cannot handle.

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2018

Hi @Ragurathan Sivasubramanian,

welcome to this community.

Can you please check the csv if the second line is really not empty.

And check, which delimiter is used in the csv and make sure, that you choose that delimiter while importing the issues.

Suggest an answer