Error when i excecute VBA macro that import information from JIRA issue

ozaidris July 1, 2017

Hi community,

Please if someone can help me to fixe this ussue,

I get the error below when i execute an VBA macro that i develop since 3 month using SOAP30, the problem is that the macro worked well, i test other Macro in VBA that use the same way (SOAP30) and also i get the same error in the same line of the code, really i don't know what's the problem is because the MSSOAP30.DLL is imported in references also i install the SOAP Toolkit 3.0 but every time the same error. I test the Macro in the computer of 2 of my colleagues and the Macro worked well.

téléchargement.jpg

the error apear in this part of the code :

LogIn = client.wsm_login(jiraUser, password)

Thank you so Much !!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2017

We can't really help you with this because:

1.  JIRA no longer has a SOAP interface, it went away several versions ago.  It doesn't look like it to me, but is it possible that the target JIRA has been upgraded to one that has no SOAP?

2.  If you are still using a version that does have the SOAP interface, the error you're seeing is in your VBA code.  We're a community of Atlassian users, not VBA people.  Some of us might know it, but it's a long shot.  You should really be asking in a VBA forum.

Of course, the correct thing to do here is forget it.  Upgrade the JIRA to a supported version and code for a REST interface.

ozaidris July 2, 2017

Hi nic 

The macro worked for two of my collegue and we use the same vesion of jira, the macro worked since 3 month so i think the vba code is not a reason, there is something wrong in the jira configuration or something like this 

I need To solve this issue the earliest possible 

Thanks !!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2017

I'm afraid that doesn't change the answer. 

If it connects to JIRA over SOAP, then you have an old version of JIRA.

That is not the problem though, if you say it's working for other people, then it's absolutely somethin on your machine, not the JIRA side.

ozaidris July 2, 2017

Yes, i Will try To perform the same code using rest api, a know how to create an issue using this aproach.. if i remenber i tried To update an issue using rest api but does not worked .. the response of the resquest show me that there is a problem so can you show me how it s look like ?

Otherwise i will be so thanksfull if you give me some helpfull vba codes.

Many thanks !!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2017

"It doesn't work" does not give us any information to go on.

Have a look through https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-apis/jira-rest-apis/jira-rest-api-tutorials/jira-rest-api-version-2-tutorial to get started on how to use REST.

Suggest an answer