Error when auto transitioning a workflow

Vilhjálmur Hallgrímsson December 27, 2015

Hi 
I created a Fast-track transition as a Workflow post-function in an issue and it should fire every time a issue is created.
All issues have priority = Normal initially so I use it as a condition to fire the event.
Occasionally I get this error "Error creating issue: Can't transition workflow instance #192865. Current state is 0, requested state is 1"and when creating an issue but I have not been able to find any pattern when this happens. 
I have not found helpful information on this error on the internet so I'm hoping someone here can help.

2 answers

0 votes
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2016

Hi Vilhjálmur,

Which versions of JIRA and SR you use ? There is a similar bug report please have a look at GRV-691 

Kind regards

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2015

At first lets understand what do you want to do.

• You have a post-function which should be called after issue creation. 
  • Have this function worked before or you are developing new one

General advices:

• Test that this code work (see this to speed-up development:https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/32982259)
  • Make sure that your postfuntion follows standard one to create an issue (if not, you will try to update unceated issue)
  • Why do you use condition "priority = Normal". What is the reason to do it?
  • Do you fire an event into postfunction. Why no trying create issue one?

Suggest an answer