• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Error updating Jira issue with data from TFS work item #### - work item did not contain issue key Edited

Hi guys,

I have a problem with the tool TFS4Jira:

Summary
Error updating Jira issue with data from TFS work item #### - work item did not contain issue key

Details
SpartezSoftware.Synchronizer.Exceptions.SynchronizationException: Error updating Jira issue with data from TFS work item ##### - work item did not contain issue key ---> System.Exception: Error updating Jira issue with data from TFS work item #### - work item did not contain issue key
at SpartezSoftware.Synchronizer.Services.JiraService.UpdateIssue(IItem workItem, SynchronizationContext context)
at SpartezSoftware.Synchronizer.Services.JiraService.CreateJiraIssueFromTfs(IItem workItem, Boolean noSubtaskSync, List`1& createdSubs, SynchronizationContext context, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at SpartezSoftware.Synchronizer.Services.SynchronizationService.SynchronizeWorkItem(String workItemId, SynchronizationContext context, List`1& createdPairs, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Any idea?

Thanks.

2 answers

Hi,

I have the same exact issue.

Did you find a solution ?

There is no field named "issue key" in Azure DevOps so i can't figure out a way to fix this.

Thank you,

Hi,

It seems that i've found where the error comes from.

My profile in AzureDevOps was 'read-only'. I did not have the rights to add a comment to a ticket.

TSF4Jira keeps track of matching tickets between Jira and Azure DevOps by adding a reference as a comment to Azure DevOps tickets.

So if you have a 'read-only' profile, TFS4Jira is unable to add the reference in a ticket comment. Therefore it is unable to find the match between Jira and AzureDevOps comments.

It ends up with the "work item did not contain issue key" error message: "work item" is an AzureDevOps ticket, and "did not contain issue key" means "did not contain a comment with a reference allowing matching with a corresponding Jira ticket".

I hope that helps,

Nicolas

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you