Error updating Jira issue with data from TFS work item #### - work item did not contain issue key

Aram Khachatrian October 27, 2020

Hi guys,

I have a problem with the tool TFS4Jira:

Summary
Error updating Jira issue with data from TFS work item #### - work item did not contain issue key

Details
SpartezSoftware.Synchronizer.Exceptions.SynchronizationException: Error updating Jira issue with data from TFS work item ##### - work item did not contain issue key ---> System.Exception: Error updating Jira issue with data from TFS work item #### - work item did not contain issue key
at SpartezSoftware.Synchronizer.Services.JiraService.UpdateIssue(IItem workItem, SynchronizationContext context)
at SpartezSoftware.Synchronizer.Services.JiraService.CreateJiraIssueFromTfs(IItem workItem, Boolean noSubtaskSync, List`1& createdSubs, SynchronizationContext context, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at SpartezSoftware.Synchronizer.Services.SynchronizationService.SynchronizeWorkItem(String workItemId, SynchronizationContext context, List`1& createdPairs, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Any idea?

Thanks.

2 answers

1 vote
Nicolas LACOUR December 23, 2020

Hi,

I have the same exact issue.

Did you find a solution ?

There is no field named "issue key" in Azure DevOps so i can't figure out a way to fix this.

Thank you,

0 votes
Nicolas LACOUR January 28, 2021

Hi,

It seems that i've found where the error comes from.

My profile in AzureDevOps was 'read-only'. I did not have the rights to add a comment to a ticket.

TSF4Jira keeps track of matching tickets between Jira and Azure DevOps by adding a reference as a comment to Azure DevOps tickets.

So if you have a 'read-only' profile, TFS4Jira is unable to add the reference in a ticket comment. Therefore it is unable to find the match between Jira and AzureDevOps comments.

It ends up with the "work item did not contain issue key" error message: "work item" is an AzureDevOps ticket, and "did not contain issue key" means "did not contain a comment with a reference allowing matching with a corresponding Jira ticket".

I hope that helps,

Nicolas

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events