Error rendering 'float'. Please contact your Jira administrators.

mani@123 September 17, 2019

Hello All,

Error rendering 'float'. Please contact your Jira administrators. It is displayed below affect version field. In some projects it is displayed under Time tracking field in edit screens.

Any one has idea on this what is that mean?

Thanks in adavance,

Mani

2 answers

0 votes
Guomin Ren May 25, 2020

I had exactly the same issue after a migration(merging) using Project Configurator. It turned out that "Project Configurator" removed the "Story Point" field from a few issue types. Adding those issue type back in the custom field configuration fixed my problem.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2019

It sounds like an admin has added a script or app that is not working and is adding something to the html of the page that cannot be rendered correctly.

Without seeing it, I am not sure we can point your admins at what to look at next, but they should be able to find it.  Also, are you on a supported browser?

Hi Nic,

I am the administrator. Yesterday, i have added Project configuration add-on for testing importing the Project from other instance.

After adding that add-on we are started noticing the error. Now i have uninstalled it still i am seeing the error.

Render.PNG

I have also imported the Project from other instance due to some reasons Project was not imported successfully

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2019

If you've uninstalled an app that you suspect may be the problem and still have the problem, then I doubt it was the app.

I would want to use your browser's developer tools to look at the source of this page, searching specifically for "float" to see what it is wrapped in, as that might tell you where it is coming from.  But, I would also have a quick look at the "field configuration scheme" to see if there is anything in the description for the remaining estimate that might be a problem.

Not only in my browser Nic. Every one else seeing this error on there browsers.

Do you think restart is required ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 17, 2019

No, the browser is irrelevant, it's apps and configurations on the Jira server. 

You should be able to use your browser tools to get a better idea of where the "float" is coming from (as in the code that the server is sending to your browser)

I doubt a restart will help, but if it's not going to inconvenience your people, worth a try.

Nic,

It's wired. I don't see error message now without doing any changes.

We had also issues with story point field it has automatically restricted to only Epics and Story issues. Due to this users are not able to see story points and estimation field on Task and other issue types. This issues has happened only after migrating Project to staging to production using Project configuration add-on.

But when i migrated project from Dev to Staging every thing worked fine and I don't see any issues or error messages on screens.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2019

Ok, this sounds like you had an app that was breaking something in this screen (probably the javascript).  You removed that, and the problem carried on for a while, but went away on its own.  That suggests that there was a cache with the broken data in it, and it got cleaned out when the cache expired or filled, so the next time you visited, the problem vanished.

mani@123 September 18, 2019

Issue is with the Project configurator add-on.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211147/project-configurator-for-jira?hosting=datacenter&tab=overview

Once i exported complete project from staging instance using below option:PC.PNG

and imported to the Production application issues has been started, it has changed story point field configuration and more importantly Import has also added new Jira administrators to the Prod instance who are in Staging application.

Suggest an answer