Error: "We couldn't save your changes" while tracking time in kanban board.

Alexander Weber September 8, 2019

I created a issue, changed the description and tracked time without any problems. But if I try to track time again I get the following error:

We couldn't save your changes

Check your connection, then give it another try.

I can still click and open everything, but even after a relog it still doesn't work.

Not so great first experience with Jira so far.

3 answers

1 vote
Tim Evans October 16, 2019

I am getting the same error editing Time Spend or Time Remaining after the issues are created. The tasks being edited have no existing time tracking information recorded.

Jira cloud

Issue type Bug

The error has nothing to do with the connection, everything in Jira is working fine. It's specific to editing these properties.

Sili Zhao January 29, 2020

Hi Tim,

I am having the same problems now. May I ask if you manage to find the cause? 

Thanks!

Sean MacPherson April 8, 2020

Hi guys,

I was also seeing this issue when trying to just input the `Time remaining` for issues. What fixed it for me was to put a non-zero amount of time in the `Time spent` field as well. Not sure if this will also fix it for you guys, too but thought I'd put it here anyways!

It would be helpful if the error message says something about that instead of the red herring about connection. Thanks!

Kevin Grixti June 26, 2020

I am also having the same issue, using JIRA cloud.

It seems the problem is only with 1 specific project since the remaining projects worked fine.

0 votes
Kevin Grixti June 26, 2020

Ok, I found out what the problem is and possible solution.

It seems that the error message is generic therefore everyone gets the same error but it could be different scenarios. BUT you can see exactly what the issue is if you go in the inspect the element and check the network tab, and see what the real error from there.

If it helps Atlassian is already aware of this:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-72272

0 votes
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2019

Hi @Alexander Weber 

Welcome to the community.

I see that you're having a bad experience with Jira but I can assure that it should not be a big deal.

It can be about anything, but the evil is in details. Have a look at application logs. See atlassian-jira.log file under INSTALLATION_FOLDER/logs directory.

There should be something related to this issue.

Sorry, I could not help lot, but this is very generic error message and it can depend on anything.

Best

Tuncay

puneet.p April 1, 2020

Hi @Tuncay Senturk 

I'm getting the same error while using Jira cloud and I'm 100% sure, this issue is not at all related to the internet connection. I can do everything else using Jira but when I try to edit time using the 'Time tracking' functionality, it throws this error message. I'm sure this is a bug in Jira, which needs to be fixed.

Thanks,

Puneet

Suggest an answer