Error message when using transition parent post function

Hi, I'm new to JIRA and I'm trying to setup my first custom workflows using the JIRA Misc Workflow Extension. When I add a condition/validator to a parent transition that is triggered via the "transition parent" post function on a subtask, I get the following error message.

rg.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericTransactionException: Commit failed, rollback previously requested by nested transaction.

I searched the web for a solution but didn't find anything that got me closer to my goal. On moving a subtask to "In Progress" I want to switch the parent's state to "In Progress" if none of its subtasks are "Blocked". I'm using a boolean validator on the parent state transition: count(filterByStatus(subtasks(),"Blocked"))=0

Any help would be extremely appreciated wink

2 answers

Not sure if you can use this as you are trying to, but looking at what you have here I note;

= is an assignment operator and how you have this setup insures it's always false. Try == instead

I'm using a 'Boolean validator with math, date-time or text-string terms' for validation, == gives me a parser error.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

444 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you