Error in the JQL Query: Expecting a field name but got ')'. You must surround ')' in quotation marks

Gevorg Margaryan August 20, 2019

I had timesheet gadget working on my  board. it Set to show my user timesheet for 2 weeks.
At some point it stops working with error

Error in the JQL Query: Expecting a field name but got ')'. You must surround ')' in quotation marks to use it as a field name. (line 1, character 129) {}

Other strange thing is that it works with direct link  /plugins/servlet/ac/timereports/timereports#!title=My+time+sheet&numOfWeeks=2&hideWeekends=true&reportingDay=1&user=557058%3A495826bb-0f0e-4ffa-b0f6-aa8a0d3906f4&pivotTableType=Timesheet&sum=day&offset=0&_=156628764133Screenshot from 2019-08-20 11-47-53.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2019

Hi Gevorg,

Could you please try to edit gadget configuration, add something to Groups option, remove it and then save it.

Note, it's known problem with saved gadget configuration, so it's necessary to overwrite it.

Thank you.

I did. When I removed my user it works, then added back it fails again. Then added another user it again fails.

Seams something related to user filed fails it. 
Do you have any idea how to fix it @Andriy Zhdanov 

Thanks in advance.

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2019

Please try to select anything in Groups option, and remove it instead.

@Andriy Zhdanov  I found the issue is due to "Group" field . It seams mandatory on api, but error is not displayed and it is not marked as mandatory on edit UI.

/rest/api/2/user?expand=groups&key=557058%3A495826bb-0f0e-4ffa-b0f6-aa8a0d3906f4&_r=1566290004267

{"errorMessages":["The 'accountId' query parameter needs to be provided"],"errors":{}}

Would be nice to have it. 
Thanks.

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 20, 2019

Hm, it's not mandatory. It depends on what you trying to achieve. There was a bug that empty Group option caused the problem, but setting it and unsetting it should fix that.

Please clarify if anything is still wrong.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer