Epics of some projects are not shown in the Epic panel

gianfranco franceschi January 23, 2019

Dear Fellow Jira Admin,

I'm confronted with a thorny issue: one of the teams in my Release Train is working with a Scrum Backlog where they show and develop stories from different projects. In the side Epics panel, only Epics from one project are shown, while the others are not. Stories belonging to all Epics are well visible in the product and sprint backlog. 

The query we use for that board is: 

project in (CLIP, TAF, Maintenance, ACCS, MRS, "Vat Compliance", "Lead developers", "Security improvement", "Cloud Readiness", "CPM Integration") AND (cf[10740] = Defenders OR sprint = Defenders) ORDER BY Rank ASC

Epics from ACCS project are shown in the Epics panel, Epics from other projects are not. 

cf[10740] means team. 

Can anyone help shedding some light?

Best,

Gianfranco

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2019

Hello Gianfranco,

Can you confirm to us if the field cf[10740] is related to the Portfolio custom field Teams?

If this is the Portfolio plugin field, I would like you to know that JIRA is not able to recognize team names in JQL searches, as you can see in the feature request below:

JQL Search for Team does not Recognize Team Names

You must use the team ID so the query will work for you.

If this is not related to the Portfolio field, can you please let us know if the query returns the correct Epics when you run it in the issue navigator?

We will be waiting for your answer.

gianfranco franceschi January 28, 2019

Hi Goncalves,

thanks a lot for your suggestion, it did make a lot of sense. 

However we figured that the non-visible Epics were actually belonging to projects that were not included in the filter query. 

Yes, we have got Epics including Stories from different projects, sigh!

At least we learned something new ;-)

Best,

Gianfranco

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2019

I'm glad to know you were able to identify the problem's cause, Gianfranco.

Have a nice week and please don't hesitate to contact us again everytime you need. :)

Suggest an answer