Epic is not present in the Scrum backlog

Sagar Kulkarni April 5, 2023

I am able to see the stories related to EPIc in the Scrum baclog. However not able to see the EPIc in the backlog.

Tried to reset the filter,tried to change the assignee however still no luck.

Please refer to the below screen shot for the same.

Widget component is the epic name and when pointed to it get the epic open.

board.png

2 answers

0 votes
Jasper Haynes April 6, 2023

We noticed the same issue, it seems that when you create an epic from the 'create' flow in the top navigation It doesn't show up in the epic list in the backlog. If you create an epic from the backlog and then 'create epic' it does show on the list.

0 votes
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2023

Hello @Sagar Kulkarni ,

I hope you are doing well!!

Generally, epics are not shown in the backlog view like how you are able to see the story. But you can enable epic panel and it will be start showing all the epics in epic panel view.

FYI Screenshot:

test.PNG

Step to enable the Epic Panel in the Backlog.

In order to view the Epics panel, you can go to Backlog and click on … > Show epics/version panel.

Regards,
Mayur

Sagar Kulkarni April 5, 2023

Hi Mayur,

Thanks for the response please see the below screen shot as the stories are seen and even other epics are visible somehow only this particular Epic is not popping up. I have tried all kind of possibilities like changing the assignee removing the parent link but still same.

Regards,

Sagar Kulkarni

Screenshot 2023-04-06 163900.png

Suggest an answer