Epic Resolution

Paul D'urso December 6, 2021

Hi,

I have noticed that when creating an Epic, as soon as it's created and without doing any work on them, the epic switches to resolved.

Any idea why this is happening?

06-12-2021 16-48-57.png

2 answers

1 vote
Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2021

I haven't touched Cloud in a.. well, it's been a while, so take me with a grain of salt, but if it hasn't forked that much it sounds that you may have a workflow post-function setting resolution on the issue when it's created.

Can you check the workflow in use by the Epic issuetype and look on the create, is there any post-function setting resolution?

Paul D'urso December 8, 2021

Many thanks.

I'll check it out and pass it on to the team to review.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2021

@Radek Dostál hit one thing it could be.

The other one is that the resolution field might be on the "create issue" screen, or possibly the edit screen too. 

The field is only intended to be edited/set in transitions into "done"/"closed", and hence is  coded to always be selected and filled when on an edit screen.  Put it on the create screen, and your users will (inadvertently) create resolved issues, because they can't blank it out.

Paul D'urso December 8, 2021

Many thanks.

I'll take a look.

Suggest an answer