You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
I am in the mechanical engineering and we have sucessfully used JIRA in the past by using KANBAN boards for task tracking.
I would like to improve the way we use JIRA.
My idea would be to have:
- Multiple projects that have stories and tasks for two departments (mechanical design and FEA)
- EPICs I would mainly want to use in the background as project number (makes sense?)
- A overall engineering board for the stories
- A mechanical engineering board for the design team (3D, 2D)
- A FEA board for the analysis team
When I create a new story I would like to be able to select and create automatically tasks for design, and FEA (selectable ) and these tasks would automatically appear on the MechEng and FEA board too
Only when these tasks (subtasks) are closed the actual story can be closed too.
Has somebody worked in this way before? Am I heading in the right direction with project, epics, boards, stories and tasks? Any help would be highly appreciated.
Dear Lukas Rauth;
I have reached your inquary and sent my CV to you over the cases you mentioned. I would be very pleased to hear from you.