Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

End date on Release keeps getting reset after changing it

Hello,

I'm trying to edit any of our releases and change their end date but every time i change the end date of the release, after 1 or 2 refreshes, the end date is set back to whatever the original value was. 

anyone have any ideas on why this is happening?

Thanks,

Jeff

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey Community Leader Mar 27, 2019

what do you mean by changing the end date? How/where are you doing this? Are you doing it on "released" versions or versions still in progress?

When i go into our Project, I click on the Release tab on the right. When i click on the three dots to the right of the release, and select Edit, i can then change the end date of the release. 

Then i click save.

Then i wait 1 or 2 minutes, refresh the releases page and the end date is changed back to its original value

any help is GREATLY appreciated. 

Jack Brickey Community Leader Mar 27, 2019

i assume you mean the "Release Date"? I just did an experiment and change two release dates. One for a released version and one for unreleased version. after 5m no change. You might check w/ Atlassian Support.

releases.jpg

will do, thanks Jack. 

@Jeff Czaplewski  got any update from Atlassian, i am also facing the same issue.

@Jeff Czaplewski did you get any answer?

I have the same problem (Jira Datacenter v8.14.1).

In the audit log is the change i made but the version release date is the old one.

I am facing a similar issue has anyone figured it out yet ?

I'm facing the same issue too, with both start and end date. Any idea why this is happening?

We are also facing same issues and i believe this is with BigPicture plugin, when the versions are using in BigPicture program it is override the dates witch is in BP program

Like Amy Neo likes this

If anyone has Roadmaps activated and using Scrum board for your project, try turning off Roadmaps.

I noticed when you have Roadmaps and try to set start and end date outside the sprints it will always reset based on the sprints, or one day only.

Like anja_sandadi likes this

@anja_sandadi  I think so too. I removed the BigPicture plugin and it works well.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you