Enable capacity planning in Advanced Roadmaps

Moti Stein April 26, 2022

I read few docs about how to work with capacity using plan/roadmap but I can't see plans menu in Jira on the main top bar, and not any option of plan in the roadmap.

I tried to add the team field to issue field but then I can't choose my team, I get text of: 

"plan specific teams can only be selected through a plan" - but I have no plan

How can I enable it?

2 answers

1 vote
Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 27, 2022

Hi @Moti Stein 

If you are looking for a capacity planner, as an alternative to Advanced Roadmaps, I would recommend a resource planning plugin ActivityTimeline.

ActivityTimeline is a scalable planning dashboard with a cross-project view for shared resources, multiple resource reports, and complex timesheets, to assist in planning. The system provides clear visibility of your resources’ activities & utilization for individual users and even for the teams. 

ActivityTimeline.png

You can take a trial or we can provide a demo session to see all features. 

Nataliya, ActivityTimeline Team.

0 votes
robertwen_Cprime_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2022

Moti:

Are you on the Premium tier of Jira Software?  Advanced Roadmaps is bundled with Premium and above.

How can I check that?

robertwen_Cprime_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2022

If you're an organization admin or site admin, go to https://admin.atlassian.com

Find the site in question.  Click on the more actions (the three dots) and then select View Billing

The billing page will show the products for that site and what biling tier.. Here's an example from one of my demo sites.

Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 7.32.38 AM.png

I pay for standard plan.

Can't I use the capacity? Is there any addon to handle the capacity?

robertwen_Cprime_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2022

So, because you're on the Standard plan, you won't have Advanced Roadmaps (and its capacity planning feature) available to you.

Here's a listing of Marketplace apps that might help you with capacity planning.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=capacity

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer