Employee onboarding using Jira Software Cloud

Mohajit Acharya May 18, 2022

I would like to build an "Employee Onboarding System with automation using Jira software cloud. Is there a KB article or reference content you can guide me with?

Use Case:

When a new employee joins, there are set of actions initiated by the HR Ops team to onboard the employee - the creation of requests for (1) ID Card, (2) Bank account opening (3) Laptop and other assets allocation (4) access for Intranet (5) access for Jira, Confluence, Salesforce, ServiceNow, Teams/Slack, Sharepoint, etc. (6) Accommodation (7) Company transport (8) Corporate Outlook email access, etc

All these actions are handled by respective departments with a SPOC for each.

An issue creation in Jira (in the name of the new joinee) should automatically create sub-tasks for each of the above with/without a customized template for each.

Subsequently, I need to build a Kanban board and a set of gadgets for Dashboard to check the overall progress, cycle time, etc.

Please note that I don't want to use Jira Work Management or Jira Service Management, or Jira Core for the same. I want to develop it using out-of-the-box features available in Jira Software Cloud only since my organization is already using Jira Software Cloud for Software development projects.

There is an automation template I am aware of for the same: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library#/rule/1357188/25939844 

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events