When an employee of ours submits an IT request through confluence, their email address is put in the description.
In order to ensure quality of service to internal customers, we would like to know if it's possible to create a stage for IT requests called "awaiting feedback". When the task is put in thise stage, a feedback form is sent off to the person who raised the tasks' email, from the person who the task is assigned to. They can then fill it out to make sure they are happy with the results of the task.
I'm assuming this will need some sort of text capture plugin to grab the email address of who created it. Then it will somehow need to be integrated to our email system.
Can you please assist with what sort of modifications to Jira/Confluence that will have to be made? What are the first steps to going about doing this if it's even possible?
I'm not too familiar with jira modifications or plugins.
I setup a feedback proccess in JIRA, but it's a bit different than what you described. Here's what I did:
1. When the requested work is completed, the issue gets automatically assigned back to the reporter and goes into a status named something like "Verification."
2. The reporter (who is now also the assignee) is presented with two transition buttons: "Pass" and "Fail."
3. If the user is happy with the work and they click "Pass", we open a transition screen with (optional) survey questions on it. After, the issue automatically transitions to the "Closed" status.
4. If the user is not happy with the work and they click "Fail", we open a transition screen asking for details. After, the issue automatically transitions backwards to a status like "To Do" and is assigned to the person who did the original work so they can take another look.
5. Finally, we created a JIRA dashboard to track the customer satisfaction results.
Here's a screenshot of our quick (optional) survey:
I hope this gives you some ideas for the JIRA part of your question!
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs