Embedding the JIRA Collector form in Confluence

Is there a way to embed the JIRA Collector form in Confluence? JIRA / Confluence both share the same userbase and I want users to be able to submit some requests directly from within the confluence.

Also, if that can't be done, how to put a link of the form on the page, so that someone clicks there, and it will pop up a form where users will put requests.

Thanks very much in advance.

5 answers

1 accepted

This is what worked for me. Everything was done as per:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Use+of+the+JIRA+Issue+Collector

Except the last line I have pasted here. I was able to open the Issue collector form by just clicking that button.

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://myjiraserver/s/en_US-tmk2k1-1988229788/6102/4/1.4.0-m3/_/download/batch/com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin:issuecollector/com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin:issuecollector.js?collectorId=62933b0b"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">window.ATL_JQ_PAGE_PROPS =  {
	"triggerFunction": function(showCollectorDialog) {
		//Requries that jQuery is available! 
		jQuery("#myCustomTrigger").click(function(e) {
			e.preventDefault();
			showCollectorDialog();
		});
	}};</script>

<input type="button"  style="color:green" id="myCustomTrigger" class="button" value="Raise A Bug for ADMIN!" />

I've tried to solve this issue for 2 days. Your code worked.  Thank you very much. 

You sure can. Look @ https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Use+of+the+JIRA+Issue+Collector and scroll down to the section "Embedding the Issue Collector in your Confluence site".

Yeah, I looked at that. It did not work. I could not get html include to work at all. I was able to put that link on top of the page using "html" macro. But I don't want to put it on top, I want it on the page and if possible just get the form there on the first place rather than waiting for someone to click.

thanks,

Hello, I followed all the necessary Steps in order to embed the Issue Collector into a Confluence Page, but it is not working!

The problem is when i click on my link, the Collector dialog box is not displayed and i get no errors at all!

The log message i get is :

Focus - starting requestscom.atlassian.mywork.mywork-confluence-host-plugin:mw-header-anchor.js:100
  • Here is the code I use in the HTML macro:
<head><script type="text/javascript" src="https:/XXXXjira/s/d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e/en_USinmg63-1988229788/6159/8/1.4.3/_/download/batch/com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin:issuecollector/com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin:issuecollector.js?collectorId=201e7ae7"></script>
    <!-- This is the script for specifying the custom trigger.  We've replaced 'myCustomTrigger' with 'feedback-button' -->
    <script type="text/javascript">
        window.ATL_JQ_PAGE_PROPS =  {
            "triggerFunction": function(showCollectorDialog) {
                //Requries that jQuery is available!
                jQuery("#feedback-button").click(function(e) {
					showCollectorDialog();
                    e.preventDefault();
                });
            }
        };
    </script>
</head>
<body>
    <h2>JIRA Issue Collector Demo</h2>
    <a href="#" id="feedback-button" class='btn btn-primary btn-large'>Report feedback</a>
</body>

I am getting the same, Please suggest !!!

Hi,

I added generated script into the space layout configuration code and I have issue collector on all my pages in the space.

confluence_space_layout.png

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,990 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot