Embed the actual jira issue collector form inline on a page - not the tab

I want to embed the form directly into a webpage inline like wufoo or jotform - not the tab that links to it. I.e. I don't want the javascript to create a button that a user clicks to reach the form - I want to embed the form itself. When the user arrives on a webpage - they see the form itself. They don't have to click on a button to get to it.

Anyone know how to do that?

4 answers

I have been searching for this for some time myself with no luck. If I don't find something soon I will setup a Google Form and use https://zapier.com/to create the issue in Jira. Creating the form in Google is easy, creating the zaps is a little more difficult since you need to match the form value to the internal value of Jira. Also by doing this you can take advantage of any custom fields not just the ones Issue Collector provides. It will be some house keeping though as you make field/value changes in Jira to make any necessary changes in the Google form and zap.

Zapier doesn't work w JIRA 6.1 yet.

I have Zapier working with 6.1.3, "well enough". Nothing fancy just creating tickets when a new row is added to a google spreadsheet.

Are you able to expose all of your fields in Zapier?  I am having issues with connecting "Components".

Hi Mel,

just wondering, have you finally managed to embed the issue collector inline?

Best wishes,

Tom

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

606 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you