Email replies from same thread should not create new ticket

G Ashok August 29, 2022

Initial emails sent to the mailbox currently create a new ticket, however, if recipients in the email reply (which includes the mailbox) it SHOULD NOT create a new ticket in the Project ticket

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2022

What route are you using for email?  

Is it a standard Jira built-in email handler?  If so, you should probably swap from a "create issue handler" to a "create or comment handler".  The create or comment handler will check the email subject for issue keys and convert the email to a comment on the email rather than create a new issue each time someone replies.

G Ashok September 1, 2022

I am using JETI Mail box 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2022

JETI is a powerful email tool, a lot more clever than the default Jira email handlers.  I have not used it for a while, so I can't really help you configure it, but I do know it's been able to identify incoming emails as comments based on a load of things in the email, not just having the issue key in the subject.

Look for "processing strategy" in the docs, if memory serves. 

Suggest an answer