Email notifications

Andrey Delov September 9, 2020

Hello,

We are using JIRA Service Desk for different applications (projects), but when a ticket is submitted all people who are assigned to the project receive email notification. How to make it so only specific people/teams receive notification for their tickets only?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Andrey Delov

1 answer

0 votes
Haddon Fisher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2020

Go to "Project Settings" and then "Notifications" and see what is listed under "Issue Created". It sounds like you have a group or project role in there, when you would want just "Assignee" and "Reporter" (and maybe "Watchers").

Andrey Delov September 13, 2020

But "Issue Created" is valid for the entire project. We have different types of issues and many teams working on that project.

I've created custom issue type for a particular team and what I'm trying to do is to make a notification which goes only to them when new ticket is created.

Haddon Fisher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2020

Before we get into customizing your notifications, you should know that they are configured at the project level, so whatever is set there will happen for ALL issues.

Based your initial post that "when a ticket is submitted all people who are assigned to the project receive email notification" it sounds like you have a group or project role set to receive notifications. Regardless of whatever else you do, these people will continue to receive "issue created" notifications until you remove them, so I would do this.

-----

I see two options to set this up.

The easiest is to get the 'Automation' plugin and build your notification scheme in the plugin, clearing out all of the stock notifications for "Issue Create".

The other option can be done using out-of-box functionality and has three pieces: 

1. Create a custom system event for each issuetype you have a new notification scheme for.
  2. In the workflow for each issuetype, change the event fired in the initial create transition from "Issue Created" to the corresponding custom event.
  3. Go into the Notifications panel and update the correct destinations for the new custom events.

Suggest an answer