Email notifications

Amanda Brazier April 17, 2019

I want to receive an email notification when a certain Confluence page is updated. I am currently watching the page and the page does have a Notify Watchers but no email when it's changed. Any ideas please.

2 answers

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2019

Hi @Amanda Brazier ,

do you get any other emails from Confluence? Maybe your email-address is wrong.

Hi @Thomas Schlegel no myself and my colleagues receive no emails from Confluence but cannot work out why.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2019

Maybe outgoing mail is totally disabled. Check here:

https://<your-instance>.atlassian.net/secure/admin/OutgoingMailServers.jspa

There you can also send a test email

Amanda Brazier April 23, 2019

@Fadoua @Thomas Schlegel Thanks Thomas I will try that.

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 17, 2019

@Amanda Brazier 

Any reason why the watch button is not there? Is it happening on other pages?

Best

Fadoua

Hi Fadoua the watch button is there and is selected but I and my colleagues do not receive any emails.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 17, 2019

It looks like @Thomas Schlegel  said it is an email problem. Was it ever configured first place?

Suggest an answer