Email notifications when assigned or mentioned in an issue

Alberto Martinez Linares October 25, 2022

When my colleagues or supervisor mention me or assign me to an Issue, I am not receiving email notifications. I have that ticked in the settings. I'm not so sure how to solve it.

Thank you.

2 answers

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2022

Hello @Alberto Martinez Linares 

Welcome to the community.

Do you receive any emails at all from the Jira system? Do your co-workers receive emails if they are mentioned or assigned to issues in the same project?

Is the project a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project? It will say at the bottom of the navigation pane on the left.

Ask the Project Administrator to review the Notification Scheme for the project to confirm it is set to send emails to the Assignee when they are assigned to an issue.

If you get no emails of any kind from the Jira system, it is possible that your email address has been blacklisted by Atlassian. If that is the case your Jira Administrator or Site Administrator will need to open a support case with Atlassian to get that fixed.

Alberto Martinez Linares October 27, 2022

Hello @Trudy Claspill 

It is a Team Managed Project, I will contact the project administrator to review the Notification Scheme once he is back from vacation and I'll try again. My colleagues do receive emails. I'm new in the company and was assigned to the project a few days ago, probably it is something with the notification scheme. I ll ask him to review it. 

Thank you

Alberto Martinez Linares October 31, 2022

Hello @Trudy Claspill 

The project admin checked the notifications scheme and all is okay, so there must be another reason why I am not receiving emails. He created a test issue and mentioned me, but I still don get any emails.

I'm attaching some screenshots from my personal settings, the project admin notification scheme, and the test we tried with no success.

capture1.PNG

capture2.PNG

capture3.PNG

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Alberto

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2022

Hello Alberto,

Do you get any emails from at all from the Jira system?

Do you receive in-app notifications of these events under the bell?

Screen Shot 2022-10-31 at 9.45.45 AM.png

If you get no emails of any kind from the Jira system, it is possible that your email address has been blacklisted by Atlassian. If that is the case your Jira Administrator or Site Administrator will need to open a support case with Atlassian to get that fixed.

Alberto Martinez Linares October 31, 2022

Hello Trudy, I do receive in-app notifications. I do not receive emails though.

I do receive emails from Atlassian when you answer me here. I am not receiving the ones related to the Jira boards.

I am new in the company, therefore it would be strange if my email has been blacklisted. Anyway, all emails from the Atlassian community I get (related to the answers in this ticket).

I do not know who is my Jira administrator. For the sire admin, if no solution, I ll ask him to open a ticket.

Please check the address a.linares@planradar.com if all is fine.

Thank you

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2022

Hello Alberto,

I am not able to check your email address. I am not a member of the Atlassian Support team.

If you are not receiving any emails from the Jira system then I would recommend your Site Admin open a support with Atlassian Support to check the status of your email address on their side.

1 vote
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 25, 2022

Hi @Alberto Martinez Linares  Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Kindly check Personal settings.

Check Project Notification Scheme, correct group/roles are added in Notification Scheme

Check Notification Helper as well( only JIRA Admin can access this ) to check why notification is not coming .

Personal setting.PNG

Alberto Martinez Linares October 25, 2022

Thank you, @Vikrant Yadav

I have the same settings. As for the Project Notification Scheme, I am not sure where to check that or even if I can, as I did not create the project.

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 25, 2022

@Alberto Martinez Linares  As suggested by @Trudy Claspill  You need to check with your jira administrator for Project Notification scheme. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events