Email notifications on my reported issues

Julien JOLLES December 12, 2016

Hi there,

Do anyone know how to parameter email notifications on my reported issues ?

I never receive email when an issue is assigned or closed (for supervision purpose only, i'm on the business side, so i'll never have to code, etc. just want to know if an issue has been solved or an evolution has been taken into account)

Thanks for you help guys !!

3 answers

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2016

Notifications are controlled by the notification scheme. When you say 'my reported issues' does that mean you entered them into JIRA or had someone do it for you? If you entered it the default scheme out of the box would notify you. If you had someone else do it they would need to in the Reporter role or add you as a watcher. And that only works if you have a JIRA id.

0 votes
Julien JOLLES December 12, 2016

Hi guys,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I assume those modifications have to be performed on an admin level ?

RPandyaram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2016

Like Joe has mentioned , if the issues are reported by your id, Default notification scheme should have allowed notifications for the mentioned scenarios.

If any other user is reporting on your behalf , the reporter should include you under Watchers for every issue reported.

When in case of filter subscribtion , it is one time activity and you will receive emails as per the schedule under subscription.

Hope this helps.

0 votes
RPandyaram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2016

Hi Julien,

You can create a filter and add an subscription for this something like :

project = ABC AND Issuetype = bug AND reporter = currentUser() AND (status changed to "Closed" After startOfDay()) OR (assignee is Not EMPTY and updatedDate > 1d)

Suggest an answer