Email notifications not being received by Watchers

Robert Preston April 19, 2017

I have a Default Notification Scheme which is configured to notify Current Assignee and All Watchers for all but one event.

I have a project which uses the default scheme.

I have changes being made to stories (comments added) but watchers are not being notified. If the changes include @<username> in the comments then the watcher does receive an email, so I know that email in itself is working. The watcher in question was also receiving email notifications when the scheme also included Reporter, as the watcher created a large number of stories before assigning them to others.

This is using Jira in the cloud so I only have access to an audit log.

Can anyone help ?

TIA

1 answer

0 votes
Anton Chemlev - Toolstrek -
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2017

Hello, 

Did you try this tutorial  https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/not-receiving-email-notifications-in-jira-cloud-779160705.html ?

Try Notification helper first of all. 

Robert Preston April 19, 2017

Yes, I tried the Notification Helper and that said that he should be receiving the notifications that he isn't receiving.

I will run through the rest of that tutorial now - thank you.

Robert Preston April 20, 2017

I am now even more confused.

I made no changes and now the user who was not receiving notifications is now receiving them.

However, I have a user who is now receiving notifications for issues on which he shouldn't be. The notification scheme, again, is set to notify onlyu the asignee and watcher(s). This user is neither the asignee nor a watcher and yet he received an email notification.

I have used the notification helper which confirms that for every event he should receive no notification and yet he is stil receiving them.

Any ideas ?

TIA

George Tsangaris January 24, 2022

There is a probability that that user is in a group which group has a role (check users and roles)

Like Hayate_Goto likes this

Suggest an answer