Email notification when customer feedback has been added

Joel Roberts January 24, 2018

Is it possible to configure an email notification in Jira that is triggered when a customer leaves feedback through customer satisfaction?

When an issue is marked as resolved, we have an email sent to the customer with the customer satisfaction survey included. However, we have no way of knowing when feedback has been left other than to either check  the issue or run a report.

We'd really like to know when feedback has been left!

I've checked in Automation settings by attempting to setup a custom rule. When I get to rule customisation, the triggers are all pre-defined and there's no option for what we're after.

1 answer

0 votes
Sebastian Kleinholz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2018

Guess, you are talking about the Customer Satisfaction Plugin.

Just to be sure, you have checked the "Issue Updated Event", or? Means, even if somebody else than the reporter/assignee is configured in the notification scheme - no mails. If this is the case, the plugin itself is suppressing the notifications, because there are definitely updates to custom fields of that issue (named CSAT *).

Did this help?

Joel Roberts January 28, 2018

Thanks Sebastian. I don't know if it's a plugin or not, it's what's available in the default Jira setup.

Does the customer leaving feedback actually trigger the Issue Updated Event?

Sebastian Kleinholz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2018

As it seems - no. But please play around with the plugin yourself or have a look at their documentation, to be 100% sure.

Suggest an answer