Email notification based on priority

Deleted user January 12, 2022

Hello,

Our Jira instance has a priority of "Emergency" configured. It is also configured to send out emails to our engineers whenever an Emergency issue is created / updated. I would like to edit this configuration, but I am unable to find where in Jira it is configured.

I have looked in the Jira automation rules, I've checked through all of them and can't see anything relevant.

I have also looked in the notification scheme - we only use a single one for all projects - and there doesn't seem to be anything there about priority based notifications. 

Anywhere else I am missing?

Cheers,

Andrew

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2022

You indicate automation can you elaborate on what automation add-on you are using? If you are using Automation for Jira then you can certainly achieve this. For example...

trigger - priority changes

condition - issue field condition Priority equal Emergency 

action - email users

Thanks for the response Jack - I am aware of how to achieve this using Automation for Jira. I suspected that that is how it was done in our instance - however, it is not. I am asking if there's anywhere else I should be looking for where this could possibly be configured. Sorry if my question was unclear...

To clarify: it is currently configured. I am looking to change the configuration. I don't know where to look to find the current configuration to change it. I have checked Automation for Jira and I have checked notification schemes, but neither seem to have this part configured.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2022

Ah I see now. So it is hard to say without knowing which addons you have that could be doing this but here are some ideas:

• workflow - unlikely but possible that the priority is being assessed and event being raised conditionally. So inspect all transitions.
  • mail handler - if you are using something like JETI or JEMH for outbound emails check there. This would be a good solution for the use case
  • inspect apps in use for other possible culprits
Like Deleted user likes this

Thanks for these ideas. I've looked at the mail handler and found something that is named correctly, but the way it's configured wouldn't lead to us receiving the emails that we get, which seems very strange. It's almost like someone previously tried to do it that way, but then didn't manage, and just left it. 

Your final tip to inspect apps for other possible culprits made me check the ScriptRunner app - where I found under "Listeners", the information about emergency issue mailings. 

Thanks for the prompts :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events