Email not sending to recipients with Automation

Ismail Sanni September 28, 2022

Hi Guys, 

I have automations that sends emails to people but lately, i've gotten failed automations.

On the Audit log, i'm getting this,

"SocketException: Socket closed - {"errorMessage":null,"message":null,"warningMessages":[],"errorMessages":["Request timed out."],"errors":{},"status":408}"
FYI, these are very simple automations that sends emails when a field is edited.
Thanks

4 answers

3 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2022

Hi @Ismail Sanni 

Two things to consider on this symptom...

You appear to be a site admin for a paid Jira license, so consider submitting a ticket to Atlassian Support to take a look: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

And...there is currently an active AWS incident leading to elevated error rates and latency, and I believe Jira Cloud is hosted using AWS technology.  Although I do not see anything on the Atlassian Status dashboard for the symptom you are seeing: https://status.atlassian.com/

Kind regards,
Bill

Sue Lund
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2022

I reached out to Support.  There was an issue that has been resolved.
"Your Cloud Site was impacted by an internal issue we had with the emails sent by the Automation rules. Based on a recent update from our Engineering team, the major issue was already addressed and you should now see the rules being processed successfully again."
I also mentioned to them that I did not receive any notification regarding the major issue.

Like # people like this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Sue Lund
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 28, 2022

I reached out to Support.  There was an issue that has been resolved.
"Your Cloud Site was impacted by an internal issue we had with the emails sent by the Automation rules. Based on a recent update from our Engineering team, the major issue was already addressed and you should now see the rules being processed successfully again."
I also mentioned to them that I did not receive any notification regarding the major issue.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sue Lund
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 28, 2022

I've seen a few of these today, too, and am wondering what's up.

lapacquah_bryant September 28, 2022

I have only had one incident thus far.  Thanks for the update and information @Bill Sheboy 

0 votes
Ismail Sanni September 29, 2022

Thanks guys for the feedback

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders