Email handler stopped creating service requests

David Campitelli May 5, 2023

Hello 

We use an email handler to create service requests on one of our projects. This stopped working recently.  When I run a test it says

Cannot create issue due to invalid license: [Sorry, you can't create any issues right now, as you need to have access to a Jira application to be able to create issues. To gain application access you need to be a member of a group assigned to an application.]

This is a sudden stop and I am not clear on what the next steps are to correct it. 

2 answers

0 votes
David Campitelli May 9, 2023

we are using the cloud service.  No upgrades. The Handler just fails over so long.  I am assuming it has something to do with google's authorization token expiring, but when I update the token it acts weird 

Right now it will only create service requests sent from my account. Yet I do not see any rules restricting who can send a support ticket. 

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2023

Hey @David Campitelli ,

Quick couple of questions.

• Are you using Cloud or DataCenter/Server ?
  • Did you recently do an upgrade of your system if you are on DC/Server?

In the On Premise version some time a go (I believe since Jira 7) a change was implemented that the person creating the issue had to have a valid license if using the regular Email Handler (this is different in Jira Service Management)

So it seems the Reporter of the issue no longer has an active license for Jira Software. This could be a default reporter or a specific person.

David Campitelli May 9, 2023

How would I go about making a license available to the mail handler?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events