Email Signature is hide

Chris September 5, 2022

Hey Guys,

i saw this the first time ever.

An Employee opened an incident with a mail sent to us. His mail-sagnature is identical to the signature of all our employees.

signature.jpg

If i'd like, i could see his signature by clicking on the grey Button.

For us this would be a great feature for all our bigger incidents with a lot of mails and mail-signatures.

But i dont get it. I opened a incident by sending an email with the same signature. But that doesnt work.

Any ideas, how i can activate this feature for all our incidents?

Thanks a lot! :)
Chris

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2022

Hi @Chris 

This is a rather new Jira functionality. You can read more about it here https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/hide-email-signatures-in-the-issue-view-and-portals/

You have the ability to use a custom detection of a signature, rather than the automatic one.

Hope the above helps!

Chris September 5, 2022

Yeah, that helps. Thanks, @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

I will give it a try. :)

Just wondering, why the automatic detection is working for that one case only...

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2022

I would assume that It depends if the signature is inline with an older text. E.g. if you have multiple replies and/or if you have copied that signature and simply copied/pasted it, perhaps it doesn't work like this. 

Like Chris likes this
Alex Dickey March 20, 2024

Hey @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

I see this is over a year old, but that link only redirects to the https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/receive-requests-from-an-email-address/ page, is there another location where instructions regarding custom signature recognition is listed?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events