Email Notifications

Brian Abercrombie September 26, 2022

Hi, I have 4 users setup in my Jira Software trial. We are all using gmail accounts in Jira.  I'm unable to receive any email notifications on issue updates, etc., everyone else receives. Any thoughts? Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2022

Hello @Brian Abercrombie 

Welcome to the community.

If another user mentions you (using the @ function) do you get emails for that?

Are you working with issues in Company Managed or Team Managed projects?

Have you tried using the Notification Helper to confirm that emails should be sent to you? Refer to

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/use-the-jira-admin-helper/

If you confirm that you should be getting emails, and also confirm that the emails are not being redirected to you Spam folder, then it is possible that your email addresses has been blacklisted by Atlassian.

Only an Atlassian Team Member can fix that. They are sometimes monitoring these communities and may have alerts for posts like this, or a Community Leader in this community can contact them directly on your behalf. Since you are using a Free subscription you won't be able to open a support case yourself.

Brian Abercrombie September 26, 2022

Thanks Trudy ... @ mentions don't work for me either. I'm in a Team Managed project. I haven't tried the Notification Helper, I'll give it a shot and follow-up.

Brian Abercrombie September 27, 2022

Ok, I don't seem to get emails triggered by Notification Helper.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2022

Notification Helper does not send you emails. Notification Helper tells you if Jira thinks you should get an email when a specific event happens on a specific issue.

Can you show us the output of the Notification Helper screen?

Screenshot 2022-09-27 121815.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 27, 2022

Thank you.

From that I can see that you should be notified if there is an Issue Updated event for that issue, as long as you are not the person who made the update.

If others are making changes that fire the Issue Updated event (like changing the content of the Summary or Description fields or other fields) and you are not receiving the emails, and you don't receive emails when you are @ mentioned, and you have confirmed that the emails are not going to your spam folder or being blocked by your email provider, then the most likely cause is that your email address got blacklisted on the Atlassian side.

Thanks Trudy ... that may be the case, and as you mentioned, it's the free version, so support access isn't available.

0 votes
Bhavana A March 23, 2023

Hi @Trudy Claspill  am not receiving any jira notification to my outlook email id some times it works , earlier i raised this concern to atlassian they removed my id from bounced list could you pls help on this

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2023

@Bhavana A 

Have you raised a request again with Atlassian to find out if your email has been blacklisted?

Bhavana A March 23, 2023

my email id was in blocklist so atlassian team is removed , its working now 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events