Email Notification

Mark DeCarlo September 5, 2012

We're trying to learn how to have JIRA send an email notification when an issue has a comment added or another milstone to a list of users - similar to manually sharing the Issue with the group.

Looked thriugh the notification FAQ but there is no outgoing mail option for us to even hget started.

Can you Help?

Mark

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2012

Look at the "notification scheme". There is a line in there for "comments", make sure your users are in there.

I'm not sure what you mean by "milstone", but get the comments working first, or explain why the notification scheme is not what you need?

Nic Thanks! I knew it had to in there someplace. We're trying to get the system to email a group when any issues are cretated, commented, chaged etc. THe default notification scheme will do the trick, but its not actually sending email to the group

I think I found it thank you

Unfortunatley it still does not send email to the Group(Adminstrators) for example when an issue is created.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2012

Have you put the group Administrators under the "issue created" line? Also, have you modified the workflow? (specifically, transitions generate "events", and events are what drive the notifications. It's possible to say "fire event X" on a transition, and then have "event X doesn't send mail" in the notifications)

Also, check that your profile settings have "send email on my changes" set. Otherwise it will quietly drop notifications to you, for events that you generate. (That's the usual cause of an administrator saying "it's not sending email" - it is, but because they're testing it and have the flag set to supress their emails...)

Thanks Nic making sure these are all set correctly now.

Nic thanks for all the help - working perfectly now.

Suggest an answer