Electronic Signatures for Jira Cloud

Chris G_ August 16, 2018

Hi All,

I'm looking for a plugin for Jira cloud (not confluence) for electronic/digital signatures.  I've seen the e-sigs for confluence, but specifically need it for Jira.

Thanks!

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Syauqi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2018

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately, this isn't something that JIRA Cloud can do at the moment.

In the Atlassian Marketplace, there is the Confluence Cloud version as you have mentioned but not for JIRA at the moment.

We've been tracking a similar request here JRACLOUD-10465 but it was closed as we do not have any plans to implement the feature.

There are other specific request in the tracker which are still open which might interests you:

- JRACLOUD-69893: FDA Part 11 compliance - Support for electronic signatures

- JRACLOUD-18156: JIRA handling of digitally-signed emails

Alternatively, you may find it easier, or be more likely to guarentee success if you engage an Atlassian Partner.

Hope this helps,

Cheers.

Chris G_ August 19, 2018

Thanks Ahmad, very useful.

Syauqi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2018

No worries Chris, have a nice day :) 

James Denmark July 30, 2019

Are there plans to make either of these plugins available for Jira Cloud?

2 votes
Mohammad Odeh September 4, 2019

Any update for this plugin?

Chris C _ Digital Rose December 23, 2019

Hi Mohammad,

We have just released an electronic signature plugin for JIRA Cloud.   Would appreciate your feedback on it if you are still looking.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221581/esign-electronic-signatures?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Regards,
Chris

Narendra Kumar January 28, 2020

Hi @Chris C _ Digital Rose  we're using your eSign plugin on our cloud instance. I would like to discuss something more about it. Please share your support team details so that we could connect. Thanks! 

Chris C _ Digital Rose January 30, 2020

Thanks Narendra,  we reached out to you via email.  Let us know if you didn't receive it.

0 votes
Jake {Ketryx} April 17, 2023

Hi @Chris G_ just a note here that I don't think is mentioned.  If you're doing some application that's involved in FDA regulation, just having a plug-in for doing electronic signatures will not make your application compliant.  To make it compliant you must have run a validation protocol and documented that your installation is meeting it's intended use.

I think doing this is generally a bad idea for reasons outlined in this blog post

As an alternative, there are products on the market where the vendor can provide you with validation documentation to satisfy your regulatory requirements.  I know of at least one, our product - Ketryx.   

0 votes
Rina Nir
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2020

Hi @Narendra Kumar , @Mohammad Odeh , @James Denmark , @Chris G_ ,

I wanted to mention that our team at RadBee released recently Speedy PDF Sign-Offs for Jira Cloud, which is designed to answer this need. In a nutshell, this is what Speedy does: 

1. Provides in a way to generate a PDF of the Jira issue (attachments, comments, custom fields- all included) and route it for signatures- directly from Jira.
  2. The signature information is automatically added to the PDF: This results in a complete PDF eRecord of Jira data+Signatures.
  3. The PDF is available from the Jira issue view but in fact is stored in an independent storage location which you define (google cloud, AWS bucket)- so it is basically archived automatically for long term retention.

The App is free, so you can easily check it out. (there is a short demo video too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg2EaF5OrDo&t=3s )

Its' very new, so we welcome any thoughts and input.

Rina

Suggest an answer