Editable table from JIRA filter

chris.atkinson July 18, 2019

I am wondering if there is a way to create a table of JIRA issues but have a field in the table where anyone can put text,screen shots etc... without the need to go to Edit mode.

1 answer

3 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2019

Hello Chris,

Welcome to Atlassian community.

I understand that you would like to return the issues from a specific Jira Filter in a table together with the related fields, where the users would be able to edit it by simply clicking on the columns. Is it correct?

JIRA does not have this kind of display, however, you could simply export your issues to a CSV file and then upload it to a Google drive directory, providing the permissions to all the users of your instance.

These would be the steps:

- Navigate to the Issue Navigator page > Create a filter with the issues you want

- In the List view, Define which Columns (fields) you would like to display in the table

Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 18.36.46.png

- Click in ... > Export Excel CSV (Current fields)

Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 19.13.27.png

- Upload the file to a Google Drive directory, giving all the necessary permission for your users

Let me know if this information helps.

chris.atkinson August 2, 2019

Hi Petter,  

Thanks for your reply.  I suppose what I am after is several things:

1) The ability for users to add comments within specific areas of the page (Not inline or at the bottom) but not having to enter Edit mode.

2) When creating a table for multiple Jira tickets then the table view should also have the same ability as above.  

User case:

We have end of sprint seminars on various topics but we found that we didn't have good visibility of what was of interest or who was really interested in attending from the team.  So we created a table and listed one by one the seminar Jira tickets and the next 2 columns allowed people to add their name if the wanted to lead the session or not attend.

The first issue that made Edit rubbish to use was that the ticket info was not displayed which made it virtually impossible to easily track which one you needed to notate - I see that the new editing page now shows the ticket summary which is great.   But it would've been so much easier to put a filter on and make a table...then put those results in the table format rather than the filer table view...

Like Saidroid p likes this
Greg Fichtner July 22, 2022

We have this same need.  It is very cumbersome to work from a list and have to "go into" each item to edit rather than directly from the list itself.

Like # people like this
Syed Fazeem September 24, 2022

HI , We have this same need - Directly edit from the list rather than go into each item to update comments.

Like # people like this
Saidroid p July 6, 2023

We have same need and look for the same .... editable scrubber (from the list)

Bhuushan Jaju September 6, 2023

It is possible in Jira structure.. it allows inline editing.. @Saidroid p / @Syed Fazeem @Greg Fichtner 

Bhuushan Jaju September 6, 2023

@chris.atkinson 

You can simply export the issue keys, once they are, use concatenation in excel to create there URLs in single column and add that column in the manually created confluence table, this will give users the list of Issues which they can open and see and put their comments in rest of the columns.

or if they want to find particular issue, they can find as well with its issue key.

Thanks!

Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2023

And if you have our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app, you may combine the Jira Issues macro and manually created table with the help of the Table Transformer macro.

Please check the second part of this Community thread

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer