Edit an active workflow

Katrine Borge March 22, 2018

Case: If someone changed the status from ongoing to closed by mistake and you want to reverse this action, how would it be best to do this?

I tried adding a transition from closed back to ongoing but it doesnt let me do this in a draft workflow. There are over 300 issues with different status assigned so I am very scared that if I do any changes on the workflow all of these will reverse back to the start up status of "Not opened" 

I saw you could make a copy of the workspace, but does this also copy the statuses that are currently set to an issue? 

If i dublicate the workspace and add the extra transition and reuse it for the project will I still keep the statuses which are spread out on "not opened" "ongoing" "closed" etcetc? 

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
NT March 22, 2018

You just need to do one thing.

1. Go to edit workflow screen in diagram mode.  --> Select status "ongoing" --> check the checkbox  "Allow all statuses to transition to this one"  present in right corner.

It will not affect any of your existing issues status.

2. Go to the issues and move them again back to "Ongoing status".

3. Edit your workflow again and revert back the changes done in step 1.

Note: if you are using cloud version you can modify active workflow but in hosted version you can't modify active workflow you have to copy it, make changes and publish it.

Katrine Borge March 22, 2018

Thank you very much for your reply! This was exactly what I wanted :) 

NT March 22, 2018

Great!!!

Please accept the answer and vote up for it.

0 votes
Darja Odorovska October 24, 2019

Hi,

What could be the reason that I can perform changes for any other statuses except Done.

When I have added new status, it still didn't appear and now I cannot delete it.

Suggest an answer